Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Breast Cancer Drug Causes Substantial Bone Loss

After my AWFUL Arimidex experience (I ended up with the joints of someone 150 years old), I commented that I felt as though I'd been a guinea pig for the drug. I wasn't far off. They're coming out with so much more information about Aromatase Inhibitors (Arimidex and other Exemestanes) and have finally come to the realization that the side effects are serious enough that women and their doctors really need to examine an individual's risk factors to decide whether the side effects are really worth taking these drugs.
Breast Cancer Drug Exemestane Causes Substantial Bone Loss: "Women considering exemestane for the primary prevention of breast cancer should weigh their individual risks and benefits. For women taking exemestane, regular bone monitoring plus adequate calcium and vitamin D supplementation are important. Long-term studies are needed to assess the effect of our findings on fracture risk."

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!