Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Breast Cancer, Chemotherapy And Prolonged Fatigue

Reading reports like this provide me some solace. It SO annoys me that I'm still so tired a lot of the time. And then I wonder why? What's wrong? Everyone kept telling me I'd feel myself again after about a year. It's now been 2 years since my last radiation treatment and I've since come to realize that I never will feel "myself again".  It's comforting for me to read so many other women report that they, too, were told "one year to normal" only to find it laughable. What annoys me the most about that isn't just that it was misinformation for me but that it's misinformation for people who haven't had cancer who then expect those of us who have had cancer treatments to be back to ourselves after that magical year. I realize that there are some people so snap back faster than others but there are a whole bunch of others out there for whom there is no real snapping back at all.

So I take comfort in knowing that eventually research catches up with reality.
Breast Cancer, Chemotherapy And Prolonged Fatigue: In a follow-up study, researchers at Moffitt Cancer Center and colleagues have found that patients who receive chemotherapy for breast cancer might experience prolonged fatigue years after their therapy.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. hang in there, no one can know what another is going through, not deep down. I bet it's hard sometimes, but your wonderful spirit is an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!