Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

48 Charm Squares That Will Be A Quilt One Day

I won these scrumptious fabrics in September but haven't had time to show them off until now. I'm especially tickled because they are Denyse Schmidt fabrics ... she's the designer ... and I've been admiring all the projects I've seen made with them.

I won them from Debbie who has a blog called A Quilter's Table. You should check out Debbie's blog. I've been especially admiring the blocks she's been making using the Swoon pattern. The intended purpose for these particular fabrics is that they be made into a quilt to be given to needy child in my own community as per the 100 Quilts for Kids project initiated by Kate at the Swim Bike Quilt blog. Kate even posted an easy Quilt-A-Long, which is what I thought I would use these charm squares for. It's pretty cute and simple and would be good practice for me. I plan to try my first machine quilting on this one.

I'll give the finished quilt to the Cancer Centre knowing it will go to someone who will appreciate their own cozy blanket while they're going through a difficult time.

This quilting project was supposed to be done by October 15. I can tell you right now that I will not be getting this done in the next 3 days! AS IF!! Still, I do plan to work on it this fall and/or winter and get it to the Cancer Centre then. I'll keep you posted. My intention is for it to be the first of an annual quilt I'll make for someone ... a child or adult ... who is going through cancer treatments.

Click here and scroll down to see all the quilts being completed for this project. And, if you're interested, check out Kate's Summer Quilt. It's my favourite of her quilts.

Thanks, Debbie, for these sweet charm squares and thanks, Kate, for all the work you've put into this charitable work.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Heather, you are so welcome! I know you will enjoy sewing with the charm squares when time allows! Thanks for helping the effort to help those in need. AND good luck on that machine quilting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics- and so generous of you to make a quilt for someone in need! Thanks for all the links- some more blogs to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!