Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Whale Watching in Halifax

Kevin, Dan, Amy and I went on a whale watching excursion.

We learned a lot of interesting stuff about lobsters and lobster fishing. And no, I did not hold one. I won't eat the things. I'm hardly going to touch one.

We did see whales, which was pretty exciting! We didn't see them up close and personal but we did see them arching out of the water. They like to hang out by the cluster of fishing boats, which we had to stay a respectable distance from so as not to interfere with their work. I've never been whale watching before and to even catch glimpses of whales was pretty cool to me. We saw a seal, too.

And so many gulls! We three bread crumbs off the back of the boat to the gulls which, unlike here, are about the size of small turkeys! I've never seen gulls so big. And some are brown.

It was a perfectly beautiful day to be out on a boat as you can see. Just beautiful!




Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!