Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Look What I'm Up To Now

I recently won this cute collection of Riley Blake fabrics from the online fabric shop The Intrepid Thread, which is operated by the lovely Julie! She has a very nice shop and I've been a follower of her blog for a long time. Through Julie a steady stream of new fabric visits my computer screen for me to ogle and sigh over.

I think these farmish fabrics will make a sweet baby quilt so that's what I'm hoping to tackle this weekend. I think I found a pattern that I can manage without TOO much precision so I can use my old sewing machine. Of course, I said that last time, too, didn't I? Only to learn that there are ALWAYS seams to be matched somewhere. But, with this pattern, I think they'll be even less so.

The pattern I'm going to try is called Sliced Coins and Elizabeth at Don't Call Me Betsy has a nice tutorial and some beautiful examples. Check it out. Doesn't that look relatively easy for me? While you're at Elizabeth's blog, take a look at her other finished quilts. They're beautiful! She's very good!
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. This fabric will be perfect for that design! Now...big deep breath! You can do it! Look forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!