Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quilt Top DONE!

YEAH! I made a plan and executed it. It took longer than I thought it would and it was trickier than I thought it would be. I learned a lot.

The wonkiness of the right side doesn't look too glaring in the photo, does it? Of course, I still might resew the one seam of the bottom border where there's that little tuck. You can see that I left some border fabric tags there just in case.

I'm so happy to have it done despite it's homespun charm factor. I'm very pleased with the colours and the fabrics. Now to choose some fabric for the back. I'm going to look for an all-over print in one of these fabrics or a coordinating fabric. I'll need quite a bit so something on sale will be ideal. And I also need to select binding fabric. I think I have enough of the green and I think it would look good for the border. Either that or pull out the little bit of pink/red/coral colours. Decisions. Decisions.

Tomorrow. I do a WHOLE LOT of house cleaning. Our boy comes home on Tuesday! For two whole weeks before he goes back to Louisville for his 4th year. It will be SO NICE to have him home for a while.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous quilt! I love the colors! Plus, I really think a quilt is more special when it has a little wonkiness-- I know every quilt I've made has a little somewhere, and it makes me like them even more :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!