Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Post Riot Downtown Vancouver

We did a little shopping with Hannah while in Vancouver. She hadn't been in shops for ages, so everything seemed new to her, too. We found her a few things to round out her wardrobe and celebrated with some drinks at a rooftop bar.

I'd forgotten about these lions in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery. They remind me of the ones that guard the New York Public Library. I like that both humans and birds perch themselves on them.

I don't know what this carving represents - I don't know the story behind it - but it looks like a nurse. I should try to find out more about it. If I do, I'll post it here.

Of course, there was still damage to show for the post hockey riots. The Bay was still boarded up but many of the stores that were damaged looked good as new already, such as the Coach store and London Drugs. A lot of work must have been done quickly.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!