Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Walking Bridge in Fredericton

It used to be a train bridge. Instead of tearing it down, they made it into a walking bridge. It's great! It spans the Saint John River and joins walking trails on both sides of the river. I love a boardwalk - the sound of it underfoot.

I first remember wooden sidewalks in Plato, Saskatchewan where my Mom grew up and where my Grandpa and Grandam Porter lived.

There's a wooden walkway across the river between Ottawa and Hull, too. And the Victoria (Traffic) Bridge in Saskatoon has a wooden walk.

I always remember a wooden walkway.

The views from the walking bridge in Fredericton are lovely!


Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!