Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day Present to Myself

This tote bag arrived today. I love it! I first saw it at the shop at the New York Public Library when were were there in March. It was what I wanted for my New York souvenir but, wouldn't you know it, they were only taking preorders at the time. After we were back from New York, I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went online and found I could order one. Just one catch - shipping and handling to Canada cost almost $30!! Shipping and handling anywhere in the States was under $5.00. So I ordered the tote bag and had it shipped to Luke who sent it back to Saskatoon with Dave, Arden's Dad, who was visiting the boys in Louisville recently. Dave brought it by today! Kevin answered the door while I was upstairs. He quickly wrapped it in some tissue paper and gave it to me for Mother's Day! Works for me! I love it!

Here's a photo of one of the lions at the New York Public Library. He's so stately! There are two such lions who guard the entrance to the library. Their names are Patience and Fortitude and they will be 100 years old this year. What wonderful icons for a library!
Photo credit to Michael Daines.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Haha that Kevin thinks pretty fast on his feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's lovely! I would have totally wanted it too!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!