Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Take It All Back

... my new year's resolutions, that is. At least that's how I felt yesterday. After feeling so good on Sunday and Monday ... rested and ready ... I DID NOT get that much needed good sleep before going back to work yesterday. I was struggling to keep my eyes open by 11:00. I thought lunch might perk me up, but no. I was wasted the whole afternoon and it got worse as the evening went on. I shouldn't have even been at work in the afternoon. I was useless. And I felt awful. It's terrible to be that tired and unable to sleep. I could have crawled into bed as soon as I got home but I didn't want to risk messing up my nighttime sleep so I forced myself to stay awake (not alert - no chance of that) until 10:00 and then I went to bed.

I'm happy to say that I had a good sleep last night and felt good today. Not as rested as I would like to be but I got through the day just fine. I know I'm not the only one who misses getting out of bed at 10:00 or so. And naps when necessary. Last night as I sat here in front of the tv feeling exhausted, I saw no hope whatsoever of meeting my goals for 2011, especially my exercise and quilting goals. I couldn't have stitched a yoyo last night if my life depended on it.

But today the world looks a little brighter. Sleep. It's a VERY good thing, as much as I wish I didn't need so much.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!