Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Family Get Together

I tried some caps on my felted balls. This is the 2nd batch of felted balls I've made. After looking at the caps and at some more images online, I decided to make them more egg-shaped and I prefer them. They fit the caps better and look more acornish. They're still slightly damp so I'll have to wait another day or so before I can glue them in. I'd better get at felting some more balls if I want to make a bunch of them on the weekend.

See how three of these acorn caps are "hairy" on the edges? They're almost all that way except for about three (two of which are here ... the orange and green ones) are a slightly different shape - more angular (with "bone structure) - and not very hairy. They seem to be from the same trees, though, so maybe they're just mutant ones.

The bowl is a little one Hannah made at her first pottery glass in grade 11. I love this little bowl.

It was a special night tonight because a bunch of the Kerr family were able to get together at Las Palapas with Ricardo while he's here. He's visiting Kathy all the way from Costa Rica. Darrel, Lynn, Jim, Lynne, Graham, Allan, Kathy, Ricardo, Kevin and I. We celebrated Allan's birthday, too. It was great to have family get together. There's some other happy news coming down the pipes but I don't know that I have the go ahead to share it here yet so I'd better keep my fingers restrained for the time being. If you are reading this, you know who you are!!! **wink wink** I'm just waiting for someone to say "SPILL"!!

I had two ... count 'em ... TWO drinks, so I'm done for the evening. Everyone else will have to party on without me. I know. I'm a regular party pooper. It didn't use to be this way.
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Love these little guys (or gals)! Remind me of little faces in toques! Will drop off my little stash of caps soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a secret so spill away!

    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurel! I'm so glad you have some caps for me. I was just thinking that perhaps I didn't get enough on my own little excursion.

    Thanks, Nanook! I'm so excited for you both! BIG congratulations from Kevin and me! I'm going to post the news on my blog now that I have your go-ahead. YEAH!!! By the way, I found your blog! I've subscribed to it so make sure you post some updates for me. Very nice new truck! I heard about it but it's nice to see what it looks like since you guys don't actually drive into town here very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! Hopefully the caps I sent you will arrive soon. I just had to check in and see if you had been acorn-making and I'm glad to see you have.

    By the way, those caps with the fringe are likely from a Bur Oak which give copious amounts of acorns around here. They make a decent food source once processed. We give some to our chickens but I know of people who make these acorns into flour and bake with it. Interesting, isn't it?

    Take care.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I haven't received the acorn caps yet. I'm excited to know they're on their way! I can't wait to play with them!

    Thanks for identifying my caps for me. I don't know much about oak trees. They're not so common here. Interesting that they can be ground up and eatern. ICK! After picking them off the ground ... out of the dirt ... that does not sound like something I want to try!

    Thanks again for sending me some caps to try!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!