Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tahitian Sunset Roll-Ups

This is one of my kids' favourite recipes. Hannah and I made them for lunch at the lake on Saturday. I roll them small for lunch or appetizers and roll them bigger if we have them for dinner.

Here's the recipe if you want to make them.

Tahitian Sunset Roll-Ups
  • 2 whole chicken breasts cut in half
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 Tbsp curry powder (or more)
  • 1 head of iceberg lettuce
  • 1/2 cup toasted coconut
Tahitian Dip
  • 1 cup sour cream (we tried plain yogurt this time but I prefer sour cream)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped chutney (there are so many kinds ... just pick one)
  • 2 Tbsp finely chopped peanuts
Instructions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine broth, curry powder and chicken. Bring to a boil and simmer about 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Refrigerate the chicken in broth until cool. 
  2. Cut chicken into bite sized strips. Place each chicken strip across one side of a long ribbon of lettuce, roll it up, and secure with a toothpick. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
  3. Prepare Tahitial Dip by mixing the ingredients together in a bowl with a teaspoon of the chopped peanuts sprinkled on top. Put the toasted coconut in a separate little bowl.
  4. To serve, dip the chicken rolls into the Tahitian dip and then into the coconut. SO YUMMY!! A perfect snack or lunch on a hot day
TIPS: I had a heck of a time making these rolls the first time. I soon found a method that is easy. I loosen a whole leaf of lettuce and cut out the rib with a sharp knife. I then cut the leaf into long strips. Sometimes I can get two rolls out of one strip of lettuce. I just tear or cut the lettuce when I'm happy with the amount rolled around the chicken piece. Stiff pieces of lettuce don't roll very easily or they break when you stick them with a toothpick.

Enjoy!!
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!