Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Beautiful Busy Weekend

It was a very busy weekend. A good weekend. Just busy. Luke's Saturday night lacrosse game started well after I was already toast for the evening but I went anyway and yawned through all the hard-hitting lacrosse action. At least it doesn't hurt to yawn anymore. My mouth is feeling much better. Still a little mushy where that tooth used to be and still slightly tender but no big deal. The boys lost their game, which went very late due to some silly fighting.

Sunday started earlier than usual for us, too, because my cousin Terry Howe was in town and we invited him over for brunch. He had suggested we go out but we didn't have much time before Luke would have to be out the door to get to his Sunday lacrosse game and we would be right on his heels. So it was Saskatoon berry pancakes and bacon at our house and a nice visit with Terry on the deck before we zipped away to Luke's lacrosse game. They lost this game, too. That goalie was hard to get past! In all fairness, they were playing the top-ranked team in the league. Hopefully they'll beat them next time after they've had some time to work some more kinks out of their play.

Then, since the time felt right and I was on a role and had the necessary ingredients on hand, we invited Kevin's parents over for dinner. I was making Luke's favourite meal and so I just made a lot of it. It's that classy chicken recipe from the Best of Bridge but I make it with fresh broccoli and cauliflower instead of asparagus and I use extra curry and no cheese. I'll post the recipe here sometime. It really is delicious and I'm sure you would like it.

And then, after clean-up, I had a nice, long conversation with Berny. I can't tell you how much comfort I get from talking with someone who has been through the same awful regime. Comparing notes, sharing information, and commiserating is very satisfying somehow. We also laugh at the some of our shared experiences in the way you laugh instead of cry. It's good. Trust me.

And then ... well ... the Survivor finale! I just KNEW Russell wouldn't get any votes!

This gorgeous flower, by the way, blooms on Don and Sylvia's inherited hanging "orchid cactus". Isn't it something! Stunning! If you're interested, you can learn more about them here.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!