Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Aches and Pains and Other Stuff

Last week was a heavenly reprieve from my usual aches, pains and general body stiffness. It was a bit unsettling, then, to experience some increased stiffness since Saturday. It's not as bad as it was before but I do have some brief moments of robot walking every now and then and a little knee soreness. I wish I understood how that could happen after almost a whole couple of weeks of relief. I'm baffled and am simply hoping that I'll be back to being limber tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the day after that. Or that day after that. Or ... well, you get the idea.

I had a shoulder and lymphedema massage today. Since my massage last Friday, my left shoulder has actually been more sore. Just so you know, I'm not whining. I'm documenting. It's been acutely sore ... like a pinched nerve right on the front edge of my shoulder bone. And then today especially, my left arm was weak from the pain that starts at my shoulder and runs down my arm beside my elbow. It had been so much better over the past 3 or 4 weeks. My massage therapist really worked on all of that and it does feel marginally better. The good news is that my range of motion in my left arm hasn't decreased and my right arm is improving greatly! Even I was surprised at how high I could lift my right arm today. YEAH ME!! I'm sure my left arm will continue to improve, too. This is just a temporary blip.

This week is BIG at work. We have the launch of our museum exhibit and reception that follows. It's quite exciting! I heard today that, so far, 48 school groups have made bookings to tour the exhibit. It's open to the public starting on Wednesday. You might want to see it yourself. Here's a link to information about it.

On Wednesday, we're hosting a one-day conference: "Building Community: Co-operative Strategies and Experience". Here's the link to information about that. It will mean a very early start to what will be a full day. I'm both worried and looking forward to the test of my stamina. I'm going to need to buck up if I'm going to get all I can out of the conferences in Ottawa and Montreal in June.

The rose is growing on one of Don's plants that is under protection in their gazebo, awaiting planting. So pretty! Don and Syl cut it and gave it to me. Thanks!
Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!