Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

More Salt, Please!

This is the best my shoulders and arm have felt since last Monday after I saw the physical therapist! My Naturopath suggested I add 2 cups of Epsom Salts to my bath and soak my shoulders and neck. She suggested I only add enough water to allow me to lie down completely (with my legs up against the wall) so that my neck, back and shoulders would truly relax. I've avoided soaking my upper body in hot water up until now mostly because of that old PICC-line, because my Radiation Oncologist told me not to, and for fear of bringing on lymphodema. I don't know how long I'm to wait after radiation for upper body soaks in hot water but I decided to give this a try and I'm glad I did. I'm still not ready to try a hot tub, but this was devine!

This is the most relief I've had and now I'm afraid to move for fear of ruining it. Still, I got gingerly got dressed and my shoulders still feel better. Tender but not so painful. Let's see how long it lasts. They feel so good right now and I feel so relaxed for a change, I just want to lie down and sleep. I'm ready for work, though, and I don't want to muss my hair. You'd be surprised that with as little hair as I have, I can still get bed/hat/wig head!

Thanks, Carol, for that big jug of Epsom Salts you got for me from Costco. Now I know where to get it in bulk. I'll be there this weekend to stock up.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!