Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Latest Funny Business

More like NOT funny business!!  Not funny and not fun ... AT ALL!!

Today I had my appointment with the "groinicologist".  Stop reading here if you're getting queasy just at the mention.  Without going into too much detail, I'll say that my always charming groinicologist first called me "young lady" (isn't he just TOO??!!) and then he asked me if I'd been instructed to take something for pain before I came to my appointment. No, in fact, I hadn't. He seemed mildly annoyed at his office people.  And then for more fun, he had a student join us for my appointment.  Why not?!!  So I got to hear an explanation of all that was going on, which I kind of appreciated. I like to know what's going on.

So, after first getting a pap smear, he told me "this is going to hurt" and then he very quickly and adeptly shoved a long, clear, flexible straw ... not the thick ones for milkshakes, the thinner drinking straw size, just longer - with a suction plunger thingie in the outside end ... up and into my uterus.  YOUCH!!  It did not feel good at all, not that I thought it would, but it really did hurt, especially sharply in my lower left abdomen ... like sharp cramping ... with an added overall sense of wafting pain through that whole lower area ... for about 3 minutes and then with lingering cramping afterward.  Apparently the straw is suctioned up to the wall of the uterus and then he used the plunger to draw out a piece of the lining. 

There a little blood, of course, and then I was on my way.  It didn't take long but my friend was right when she said it would be upsetting and that I would feel ravaged. 

He told me I was very tough and that he knows it hurts.  He said he basically performs a mini D and C.  Neither he nor I expect the results to be anything worrisome, but it's best to get it checked instead of having regrets later.

I stopped at the drug store for "supplies" and then headed home.  I was exhausted.  I slept.  I still feel quite crampy this evening. 
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!