Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Slow Growth

The garden is starting to come to life! It's so exciting!!

I had a good day today. I was a little slow getting started ... a bit of trouble sleeping meant I slept late followed by a lingering epsom salt soak. I was just moving slow. But once I got myself together, I felt good (aside from the aches and pains and general stiffness, I mean). I had a good day at work and Kevin had cooked a lovely meal by the time I got home. Thanks, Kev!

I have to say, I'm having a little trouble with my spring wardrobe. It was so nice today, I put on a dress worn often last summer ... with hair ... and a matching brown 3/4 length sleeve cardigan. But it just looked wrong without my usual more girlish hair. All wrong! Girly clothes just don't match my hair. My ensemble looked a bit better with the straw hat I wore with it, but still ... not quite right. I find that my new hat carries some outfits but I coudn't wear it with this dress because the colours clashed. In retrospect, it's times like these that I should just bust out the wig.

Right now my hair just screams clothes that are the opposite of feminine. My hair screams overalls! This is very confusing for me because I've never had to think about what does or doesn't match my hair. My hair was a part of my personality and so it and my wardrobe all matched. Or, at least in my mind they did. But now that my hair isn't "me" ... my clothes feel all wrong. I'm not one of those who looks beautifully feminine bald or near bald ... I need hair! Lots of hair!! I'll bet most of you have never had this problem! Ultimately, if this is the worst of my problems, hallelujah!!

Yesterday was a slow day after all that fun the night before. Not a bad day. Just a slow day. I had a nice, long telephone conversation with my partner -ib-breast-cancer, Berny! She had some good suggestions for me. Kevin helped Darrel move gyprock into the basement at the condo, which he is finishing. And later Darrel and Lynn had us over for dinner along with Kathy and Ricardo. We got home early, though, for an uneventful night on the sofa.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!