Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Even More Ammo To Battle Shoulder Pain

I was so happy to find that the recommended Epsom Salt soaks would bring some relief to my painful shoulders.

When I saw my Naturopathic Doctor last week, I asked her about Serrapeptase, which a friend who suffers with joint problems had told me about. My Doctor agreed that it might be helpful but she felt that a similar product might be even better for my particular circumstances. She suggested I try Wobenzym N (Here is the official Canadian website).  So I got me some of that on Saturday.

Saturday I got moving a little too early for me, I think. I met up with Carol and Pat for a very nice breakfast meeting at Tastebuds ... I hadn't seen either of them for ages, so it was great to get together.  Then Kevin and I ran some errands.  By supper time I was cooked and was feeling dragged down by my shoulder pain. I had a nice, long soak in Epsom Salts and experienced some heavenly pain relief! YEAH!!  When I went to bed, I remember thinking ... "ahhhh ... my shoulders feel SO much better!"  I put the Wobenzym N beside my bed so I could take it when I woke up to pee in the night.  I thought that would be when my stomach was most empty, since it works best on an empty stomach and I like to be able to have breakfast as soon as I wake up in the morning.

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. after sleeping very soundly but was a bit saddened that my shoulders were hurting more.  While I was awake, I took 10 Wobenzym's and then, after I swallowed, I remembered that I was to take 10 or 12 but split up during the day.  Oops.  No worries, though, because I knew it wouldn't be harmful to take them all at once.  I stayed awake for about an hour because of shoulder discomfort and about half an hour after taking the Wobenzym's my stomach felt a little unsettled.  I then got a solid 4 hours of sleep and when I woke up, my shoulders felt the best they've felt for a long, long time!!  AMAZING!!

Kevin and I were busy all day getting ready for the party and, as usual, even though yes, you're going to keep it simple, and no, you're not going to fuss ... you still do a lot of stuff you wouldn't have otherwise done.  I was worried that I was going to wear myself out but my shoulders held up all day and night!! I didn't even have an Epsom Salts soak yesterday!  And I did lots of things during the day that would normally cause my shoulders to ache later, but they didn't ache more!  You can't imagine how happy I was to feel good all day and night!!  Last night I remembered to just take half of the Wobenzym's in the night and then I took the other 5 about an hour before dinner tonight.  My shoulder pain diminishes noticeably about an hour or so after taking them.

These frozen shoulders will take some time to go through their cycle, but as long as I can better manage the pain with Epsom Salts and now ... maybe Wobenzym ... it won't be nearly so bad.

I'll be interested to see what the masseuse says when I see her on Friday.  I hope it won't be a matter of pain before gain.  This window of pain relief is soooooooo nice!!  I just want it to last.

Interesting and disappointing, though, is that my legs aren't any better from the Epsom Salts and Wobenzym.  I wonder if I'm still feeling the effects of the Arimidex?!  I bet the Doctors can't say either.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!