Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Three More Sleeps To Louisville



I just finished typing a post and then it got lost in cyberland somewhere. Damn! And I'm so tired, I don't have the energy to do it all again. My plan was to go immediately to bed.

So I'll make this 2nd effort quick!

1. Beautiful photo is from Chantelle from their trip to Costa Rica. She sent photos of beautiful flowers, scenery, birds and odd creatures. Looks like such an interesting place to visit.

2. I felt better today. I had a nasty hot flash in the morning, which dropped me into a chair for about an hour before I could muster the energy to move again. For the past two days, the two hot flashes I've had have been especially awful. The previous medically-induced ones were never so debilitating. These ones make my skin feel prickly all over, I feel dizzy, faint and a bit sick. I don't like these. Not one bit! I did get over it, though, and made it to work this afternoon where, bonus, I felt quite good today. I expected to have a nasty headache given that I've been prone to headaches the past few days and, on top of that, there was a very strong paint smell in the building. I'm surprised and happy to say that I did NOT get a headache!

3. Three more sleeps until we're off to Louisville, Kentucky! I was going to start packing tonight but am way too tired. I can start it tomorrow. No biggie.

4. Amazing weather today! So wonderful! I soaked up some sun.

5. I have to go to bed. Good night!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes the hot flashes! You can definitely blame those on the tamoxifen. My doctor gave me a very low dose of clonidine which is actually a blood pressure med but also works for hot flashes. In my opinion it's a much better alternative to the anti depressant that he wanted to put me on. I still get them but not nearly as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Berny,

    Thanks for reminding me what it is you take to minimize your hot flashes. You must have been getting such awful ones! Now I know how you might feel. These ones have been so much worse than my earlier ones. I don't want to take antidepressant either, especially after reading about recent studies indicating that some of the commonly prescribed antidepressants can interfere with ... either Tamoxifen or Arimidex (and other AI's) or both - I can't remember for sure.

    These may be awful hot flashes but, fortunately, I rarely get more than 1 or 2 really bad ones per day. I'll try to stick it out for a while yet and see if they subside as my body adjusts. Do bodies adjust? We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!