Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Spelunking Actons

We picked Luke up after his classes finished at 1:00 on Monday and we drove south about an hour and a half to Mammoth Cave National Park. We spent 2 hours underground. Very cool! Luke had never been in a cave before. It really leaves an impression, especially the first time, I think. Last year was the first time I'd ever been in a cave and that was when we were in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee last year. I was oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing as if I were watching fireworks!

It was a wonderful day to spend with Luke. He's so busy with exams, assignments, classes and practices that Monday afternoon was the only chance to do something with him during the week, though we'll still see him for dinners this week. The boy has to eat!

The only bad thing about Monday is that I officially have a cold. By night time it was a for sure thing. I had been on the edge of one for a week or more and thought I'd beaten it but I've got it bad now. Yesterday I felt increasingly crappy during the day and today might be the same but I do NOT want to just hole up in my room, lovely as it is.




Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!