Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Photofunia for Pretty Stuff, too

 



I had some fun today with photos of Hannah and Photofunia. I think I might print and frame a couple of these.

Today I made it to work in the morning! YEAH! I felt pretty good, too. Not too tired. But then I had my ultrasound (everything looks A-OK according to the doctor who performed the ultrasound) and after that I was so tired, I could hardly even keep my eyes open at the red light I was stopped at. SO tired. And the ultrasound experience made my stomach feel a little queasy, too. Lunch would help. It did settle my stomach but it sure didn't perk me up at all. I was so tired, I went to bed and slept for a solid couple of hours, which is about the extra time I would normally have slept during the night. I guess I need that sleep.

I made an appointment for a mammogram. I'd been putting it off. I don't relish the notion of having my mangled book squished. My research tells me that I should make sure I have my mammogram done with digital technology for two reasons, one being reduced levels of radiation and the second being that I have very dense breasts and digital imaging is better at detecting anomalies in dense breasts. When I phoned the imaging centre to make an appointment, I asked if the machine would be digital and, after a significant pause, I was told that they don't have any digital machines yet. I remember there being an announcement this summer that the breast cancer screening location had switched to digital so I knew it would be available to me elsewhere. Then the receptionist asked me if I would like to make my appointment for when they would have digital equipment, which turns out to be middle of April. Hell, yeah! They'll be completely digital at the Saskatoon Women's Imaging Centre my mid-April and I'll be one of the first in line for my mammogram. I just hope the radiologists have had good experience at reading digital images. I'll be asking, I assure you. I'm sure they'll think I'm a loonie for asking, but I've learned that it's a good idea to ask anyway.

I'm so pleased with these photofunia photos of Hannah. You should try some of these with your photos.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Don't fret about asking the radiologist about her experience with digital imaging. That's the way you are. Never mind being thought of as a loonie, jump right in and be a twonie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl! I had a big chuckle over being a twonie instead of a loonie! I hope the radiologist turns out to be one who is thrilled to be asked questions about their work rather than annoyed about being questioned. I'll consider my phrasing. Many people LOVE to talk about their work, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!