Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

You Should Read "The Book Thief"

You might recall that I'm a sucker for books about all things bookish. For that reason, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak caught my eye by title alone but the clincher was Sue telling me it was very good. I bought it immediately after that. And she was right. It's very good. You should read it.

Here's a link to more about it at Amazon.ca.

The story is about a young girl who ends up living with foster parents in Molching, Germany during World War II. As would be expected, there are some very dark parts and yet I can't say it's a depressing book. I wouldn't recommend if it were. It's a very beautifully framed and told story that I think even my chemo brain will retain. A quote from one of the reviews on Amazon, "As a memorable rendering of an unforgettable period in history it should easily capture and hold the hearts and minds of its readers."

Please read it.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!