Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sense of Purpose

These prettily packaged soaps and bar shampoo are from Berny. Thanks, Berny! A woman in Nipawin makes them. Her name just happens to be Barr! haha! They smell heavenly. They are calling me to a soak in the tub tonight ... if I can tear myself away from Olympic coverage. I LOVE Olympics!

Check out the Barr Soap website (you can buy her products online - BUY LOCAL!) and read this article from the Nipawin Journal about Sonja Barr and her soaps.

Today I got to work at 1:00 and it was A-OK! I wore Luke's big boots to work, which look ridiculous, but at least I didn't fall. Lynne sent me the brilliant suggestion of getting some of those spikey things that you can slip onto the bottoms of your shoes. I hadn't thought of that. Good idea. I'll have to check them out.

It was just Karen and I at the office today. Quiet and relaxed. So relaxed, in fact, that I felt comfortable enough taking my wig off. I wore a hat at first but then I had a hot flash and got rid of it, too ... until my head got cold. I couldn't see myself, so it wasn't bothering me too much and I even forgot about it at one point when Karen walked into my office. My office is a "safe" environment. I had no trouble working away ... happily plugging away at things that need doing ... just starting at the top of a list of tasks and checking them off ... twittering ... blogging ... updating website information ... ordering books ... forwarding information to those who might need it. It feels good to have the sense of purpose my work provides. I missed that.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!