Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Simple Things

There's a yoga class this morning but I'm not going today. Today is a day off. I need one. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's true nonetheless. It doesn't take much daily activity to make me feel overwhelmed and exhausted. Just looking at the items on my calendar for the next two weeks overwhelms me a bit! It doesn't help that yesterday I was so tired from having such a crumby sleep the night before. I usually sleep good so an off night is unusual. Last night I slept good ... I was SO tired ... and today I'd like a quiet day to regroup and get a few things done at home ... such as getting those boxes of Christmas decorations put back where they belong.

Lynne came by yesterday and was so good to give me a personalized recommendation of exercises I can do for both core strength and stretching. She wrote them out for me, too, with little stick figure drawings to make it all clear. AWESOME! I'll do those today and at least feel like I've taken care of an exercise component. I feel a little daunted by exercise just because I have such a long way to go and I expect it will take so long to get to some reasonable state of fitness but Lynne thinks I'll be surprised at how quickly my strength and flexibility will come back. Thanks, Lynne.

I also want to do my Tamoxifen research today just so I know what I'm getting into. It's the most commonly used post breast cancer treatment drug being used and it's been used for many years now. Much longer than Arimidex. I just want to be very clear this time of what the possible side effects might be.

How's this for a lovely experience? A couple of Hannah's friends, Josh and Nina, invited her out for lunch earlier this week. They often get together for lunch or breakfast. Hannah was surprised when they picked her up in a beautiful rented car and they were both dressed up. It turns out they were on their way to a beach in Stanley Park to get married and they wanted Hannah to be their witness! They also picked up another friend under the same guise (having told him to bring his camera) and he was their other witness and photographer. Hannah said it was beautiful and very touching! It was raining and they had giant umbrellas to stand under. The couple then texted a bunch of friends and invited them to the room they had booked at a fancy hotel for a party that night to celebrate their wedding. How simple. How sweet. I'm very happy for Josh and Nina.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!