Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Otto: The Test Dog

Otto is here! Darrel and Sylvia dropped him off this morning. Darrel had a hard time leaving his pup behind. Otto only cried for a minute or two about 10 minutes after Darrel left and then he crawled up onto the couch with me and snuggled in for a while. We've had lunch together, have been up and down the stairs doing some laundry, and we had a nap together, too.

I'm dismayed to report that my limbs are worse than they've been for a week! My joints are aching a bit again after being ache-free for a week. I noticed it in the night last night. I woke up a couple of times with aching fingers and knee. I'm also slower moving today. Why? I just don't get it! Yesterday I dropped from the 20,000 IU of Vitamin D per day (which I took for one week) to 10,000 IU per day but I can't see any logic in that making any difference. It's not like I've lowered my Vitamin D levels. This bum limb business is so frustrating!!

I'm still hoping these skin tags will drop off ... maybe today? It's encouraging that one is gone and there's just a little flat, painless red mark where it was. That's great!

I have my dental appointment this afternoon and let's hope that takes care of the jaw pain I've been experiencing.

Don't ask me how this happened, but somehow I ended up watching Cowboy Country on TV while I ate my lunch. It was just on in the background ... I didn't actually select it. And then I caught the name "Rempel" and I paid attention! There were John and Wade Rempel giving a tour and a talk about the miniatures John made replicating the old Matador Ranch! How cool is that??!! I've never seen the miniatures but now it's on my bucket list. I think I have an in for a personal tour. Out of all the channels on tv, how I ended up watching Cowboy Country (of all things ... that's not usually how I roll) and then it being that particular episode (the Rempels being friends from Kyle) makes you believe in kizmit!

I also watched Parks and Recreation for the first time. I had PVR'd it and so could watch it in the morning before my nap. I just have to say that Amy Poehler at one particularly funny instance reminded me of splurge club Alana! Uncanny!! That gives you some additional idea of how nutty my splurge club pals are!

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Aww. I like him already (Otto that is)!
    Sure hope your joints, jaw, and skin tags give you a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I meant to tell you. . . The amaryllis that you gave me back in November finished blooming, and then sent up a new floral shoot and is blooming again. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurel! I'm so glad the amaryllis bloomed and is till blooming! Bonus!

    I'm going to call you right away and see if you want to walk with me at the PAC now that you have a membership. Get your runners ready!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!