Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Favourite Earrings

These are my favourite earrings. Hannah gave them to me a few years ago and we both agree that they were the PERFECT gift for me. They're jewelery. They're cut from old, damaged books. They have wheat and words on them. They're dipped in gold. PERFECT!!

The artisan, Lauren Elgee, lived in Vancouver until she moved to Seattle this summer and she has an Etsy shop that I subscribe to in my feed reader. I just saw that she's made several new pair. They're all unique and just lovely. Check them out here.

I had to turn the flash off my camera to prevent reflection (a photographer I'm not) so mine are a little more "aged" looking than they really are. Not much, though.

If you're not familiar with Etsy, it's the Amazon or ebay of all things handmade. It's vast! It's so vast that unless you know specifically what you're looking for, it's a good idea to browse using some of the links here. It's easy get lost in happy exploring.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I just lost one of my favorite earrings that are made in that style. I have some little clear plasic backs that I can use on them but I was lazy and didn't look for them. I guess it must have come out when I put my hood up or down or got caught in my scarf :( damn bald head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost one of my favs, too, because I neglected to put those little plastic things on. Never again! I even bought a pack of those little things (do they have a name?) for when I drop and lose the little suckers!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!