Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hair and Historical Error

Here is my Saturday hair photo! Even though I don't expect to notice a difference from the previous one, I do! It is a little longer! Wispier! YEAH!

I was thinking ...

"When I get my hair back, I'll promise to never complain about my hair again!".

Then I thought ...

"No. I still will. It's part of being a woman, this love/hate relationship with our hair."

I do want to feel like a woman again so I know I will embrace good hair days and bad hair days and complain about my hair like every other woman on earth surely does! And somedays I'll admire it thoroughly.

Then, for some reason, this childhood rhyme came to mind ... I think it was spoken in reference to me more often than I care to remember ...
There was a little curl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good, she was very, very good.
And when she was bad, she was horrid!
And then I thought ...

"There are so many historical errors. You can never truly trust history. So what if one word in that rhyme has been wrong all the time? What if instead of "she", the word is supposed to be "it" in the 2nd and 3rd lines of the rhyme? From a woman's perspective, it makes so much more sense!"

Talk amongst yourselves!

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Well you actually do have more pepper than I do at least in the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is coming right along, Heather. And although I do not personally know Berny, I think the photo of the two of you is wonderful. Re. the rhyme. Well, it most certainly could be the curl that is being the problem, but I expect it was parents who used the rhyme, so....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still hoping that the pepper hairs will crowd out those salt ones, though I don't think it works that way.

    Cheryl! How's the beach? Thanks for your kind words about our photo. Berny might not think that's a good photo of her but her inner beauty does shines through even if she's not seeing it like we do. She's an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, looking at this picture again, I think I look taller. Don't you think so, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (oops - deleted my first comment!)
    Your hair is looking fabulous - length, colour, and curls!! And as for the rhyme, I'm thinking most of us girls have never been horrid (right!), but our hair has...at some point (right!). So you do have a very good pondering point.
    And thanks for reminding me of other good things . . . pedicures, new shoes, exercise, chocolate milk, light tuna, kaiser, and yes especially people like Bernie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurel! I expect you're feeling pretty much back to yourself! Things might have changed at your house now, though. You probably have to WRESTLE the vacuum cleaner out of their hands!

    And how could we be "horrid". Hair, though. Highly suspect!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!