Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Under Pressure Today

Tomorrow afternoon we leave for Vancouver. I AM SO EXCITED!! There is no way I'm going to miss this trip. That means today I have to sort out the problem with my elevated heart rate and my edema.

Within an hour of being out of bed this morning, my ankles have already gained weight! I took my last lasix pill half an hour ago. Very discouraging. My heart rate was 128 before I went to bed last night and at 4:30 this morning it was 104. After leaving a message for my oncologist this morning, I got a call back telling me to see my family doctor, even though this must all be related to my cancer treatment. I now have a call in to my family doctor who is completely booked today. I think he'll call me and fit me in somewhere but it's a waiting game and, even then, I'm not sure what they'll do. I feel very out of touch with this heart-rate problem in that nobody has told me WHY it's elevated or what it means or how much I should or should not be concerned. Same with the edema. My oncologist wasn't going to give me medication for it. He said it would go away on it's own now but even with parking myself and elevating my legs and taking lasix, it persists. I'm getting a little anxious. Correct that. I AM a little anxious.

I had a nice visit with Nora when she stopped by yesterday! Thanks for the lotion, Nora. Still laughing at "kipper tits"! Carol and Alyssa popped in, too. It was nice to have company to pass the time before Kevin came home at 6:00.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!