Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fibre for Get Up and Go

In that list of nutritional recommendations from Leslie Beck that I provided earlier, eating an adequate amount of fibre was one of the recommendations. That I should be getting at least 21 grams of fibre is vague to me. I don't know how to determine how much I'm getting. I've just figured it out and maybe this will be useful to you, too.

Fibre intake goal:

Males 19-50 - 38 grams per day
Males 50+ - 30 grams per day
Females 19-50 - 25 grams per day
Females 50+ - 21 grams per day

Here is a link to a list of fibre rich foods and the fibre counts and serving sizes for each. I'm going to print this list and tack it up on the inside of a cupboard door for easy reference.

While you're at it, you might also be interested in the fruit list and the vegetable list. There's also a list that categorizes vegetables, which you might find useful.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!