Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Hot Tamale!

That's what I feel like but not in the vava-voom way, unfortunately. My face was red and a bit hot when I woke up this morning. It's not usually. After lunch, my cheeks got hotter and hotter. And then my face got itchy along my jawline. I've had a low-grade fever most of the day and just haven't felt very good ... mostly it's the hot face and the fever. And it's mostly the right side of my face. Most of the time the left side of my face only gets a bit hot. Very tolerable. But the right side is ON FIRE and VERY RED! Previously this feeling has come and gone. This is the longest it's continued ... pretty much since after dinner last night. Very draining. I might phone tomorrow to ask if this is normal or if there's something I can or should be doing to thwart it? It's probably "just chemo" and, as we know, "cancer isn't for everyone"!

Despite feeling crappy, we had a nice visit from Dave, Laurel, and Ellie, who were out for a walk. A very nice distraction from myself! Ellie is funny. She has a compulsion to pick up and carry her water dishes ... even at our house! Laurel has tried heavier and heavier water dishes and has tried bigger ones with lots of water. Still, Ellie manages to drag them around and spill water everywhere. Dogs. Funny critters. I want one.

We had a great conversation with Hannah tonight. It was soooo nice to talk with her and catch up with all that's going on in her life. She's good medicine. Mom called, too. Her company left today. I'm sure she'll need a little stillness around her for a while. Some time to regroup. I also talked with Lori, at last. And I heard from Carol, Carol, and Lynelle, too.

Food update: Hot dogs - not so tasty. KD - pretty good. I'm horrified!!
Movie of the Night - the highly anticipated (by me) Wolverine movie. My impression is that I like the previous X-Men movies better. Much better. Still ... Wolverine! What's not to like?!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!