Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Night Before Taxotere

It's almost time to go to bed but first I have to give myself a pedicure and manicure and paint my nails a dark colour. I never paint my finger nails. They're not the kind of nails one wants to draw attention to. I'm not good about troubling myself to keep them looking exquisite. Not even close. But, in this instance, I will paint them. Nora, I'll look wonderfully trashy!! Not Goth, though. I couldn't bring myself to buy black polish.

I had such a nice lunch with my peeps from the office today! It was great to see them and to catch up with what's been going on with all of them.

I ran a couple of errands but found myself pretty tired. No wonder. I was up late with no nap yesterday. I was up in the middle of the night to say good-bye to my baby and then I was up early for my 8:15 appointment at the Champion Centre. Tired or not, I wasn't going to lose this day of feeling good. I wasn't going to waste it sleeping. So I only had a brief nap and then I went to a movie with Erin and Laurie. We'd all been wanting to see Julia and Julie and it was a wonderful movie! We loved it and we all want to cook at least one Julia Child recipe (though Laurie has cooked several already) and that recipe would have to be "boof borginon". Don't ask me to spell it. Don't even ask me to look it up. I'm busy.

Don and Syl dropped off this beautiful bouquet from their garden! Isn't it amazing?! Their roses have been spectacular this year. They smell heavenly. Sylvia also dropped off baking and, as Kevin says, "a whole ton of food". Sylvia is nesting for me. Thank you so much, Sylvia. That will be so handy during this next stretch of what I expect will be considerable fatigue and, very possibly, feeling yucky.

Mom will come in tomorrow to watch over me while we see how my body responds to the Taxotere. Thanks, Nora, for your phone call. I'm sorry I missed it but will look forward to said "trashy magazine".

Now ... pedicure ... manicure. Then sleep. If not sleep ... sleeping pill and then sleep.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hey Heather, just thinking about you and we want to wish you all the best with the new treatment tomorrow. We will be hoping for very few side effects, and we will be thinking about you...if you need anything at all give us a call.
    Talk to you soon, Chantelle & Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Chantelle and Kelly! How nice of you to pop by. It helps to have my team on board.

    I should be in bed but doing a mani-pedi takes a lot longer than I would have thought, having never had much to do with manicures before. Now I have o wait for things to dry. It's not the prettiest manicure ... kind of sloppy, to tell you the truth, but the nails are covered in dark polish and that's the main thing.

    I also think the steroids are kicking in. I'll wait half an hour and then take a sleeping pill. Good sleep is imperative.

    Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!