Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just Call Me "Moon Unit"

There is no place for vanity with cancer. Knowing that doesn't make it any easier to deal with changes to my appearance. Even knowing that things should mostly go back to normal eventually is cold comfort some days.

Sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, I don't recognize myself. I've been passing it off as the lack of hair making the difference in my perception. But no. After closer scrutiny, I see that my face has changed. It's rounder. I've always had a roundish face but now it's REALLY round. A moon face. I did a little research and learned that steroids can cause "moon face". Ahhhh ... that explains it! Great! I was wondering why my face was getting fatter while the rest of me had lost a little weight.

And then, reading the list of side-effects, I noticed another one I'm experiencing. This is gross, so brace yourself. Two words. Buffalo hump. I've noticed it lately and I had been thinking I just hadn't noticed before because of my hair. I don't want a buffalo hump! Wahhhhh ...

It also identifies "shakes and tremors" as side effects. I was experiencing some of those today but they could be caused by other things, too.

I feel older than old.

Ain't cancer fun?!!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!