Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'll be my own sunshine today

Doesn't this flower look surreal? It looks like it's just floating there in space above our deck. It kind of was. That was yesterday before the rain.

Thanks, Sylvia, for last night's roast chicken. It was just the right kind of thing for Kevin's and my sensitive stomachs. I'm feeling much better today ... got it licked, I think ... but Kevin is still a little "off".

It's kind of rainy out there so I'll just have to be my own merry sunshine today. I'm feeling cheerful and am taking Scarlet O'hara's approach ... "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow." ... in terms of stressing about next week's chemo treatment. I need to enjoy these next days and not think too much about the next treatment, which I'm super nervous about. I'll cover the details of that shortly before treatment day because I just don't want to mentally go there yet.

So, today, while I'm feeling well ... I'm making sunshine in my house. Old recipe. Learned it from my Mom.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!