Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Sunny, Beautiful, Well-Rested Morning!

Well! I certainly had enough sleep!

Mom and I went for a walk in the cool of the evening last night and then I fell asleep on the sofa watching tv. I woke up and went straight to bed at 11:30 and slept until 8:30 (minus a couple of excursions after which I went immediately back to sleep). I'm surprised I slept so well because I had trouble getting comfortable in bed last night. My PICC-line arm seemed tender, my surgery side arm seemed a little puffy and tender. My shoulder bugged me. My mouth was really dry and I felt on the verge of the dreaded "mouth sores". I expected a troublesome night but I really slept like a log and I'm glad to have had that sleep.

I feel oddly achy, though. The skin on my thighs aches to touch and the skin over my jaws and cheek bones. In fact, now that I start poking around, my skin kind of aches a little anywhere I prod it. Very strange. Maybe this is the kind of "discomfort" they say I can expect on my scalp before my hair starts to fall out. I'm told my scalp will likely become quite tender. Maybe this is "tender skin" starting. But chemo is being enough of a team player to at least let me face discomfort well-rested and with a settled stomach. That part's good and my heartburn wasn't as bad last night either. So far, this morning, I'm off all meds except for my heartburn pill.

Kevin phoned from Minneapolis last night. He was on a 38 ft yacht on a big river and trying very hard to soak it all up even though he felt really awful! He'll be home late tonight.

Thanks, friends and family, for the calls, cards, emails, visits and for all the background wishes and cheering thoughts. Happy, Happy to both Don and Jim!

Now I have to (want to) go outside and check on the flowers (above is a poppy from our garden). I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!