Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ramping Up for Chemo Treatment #2 on Thursday

I was at the Champion Centre for bloodwork today and to meet with my Oncologist. My white blood cell counts are up to 4.4 but my red blood cell counts are a bit low at 1.8. Steak for dinner tonight! My potassium is okay but after we left the Centre, the oncologist phoned us to say that he doesn't know why for sure but my liver enzymes are high so I'm supposed to stop taking any antibiotics I'd been prescribed and not to have any green tea or flax oil, which I wasn't taking anyway. I'm to go a half hour ealier on Thursday so I can have my bloodwork redone and, based on my liver enzymes, they'll decide then if I can go ahead with chemo. Liver Enzymes. That's a new one for me to consider. I didn't read anything about it in the side effects. I have to remind myself that this is a new adventure every day!

The best part about my morning was, after finishing up at the Champion Centre and since I was in the neighbourhood, I couldn't resist stopping by the office to see my colleagues at work! That was my treat to myself. And it was wonderful to see all their smiling faces. I missed seeing Roger, though, which is a shame. And Lou wasn't there but at least I saw Lou last week. It was great to see them.

Now we're home and I'm tired so I'm going to sleep for a while.

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments about my "new look"! It's all a bit weird for me, as I'm sure you can imagine, but I might as well have fun with it, right? Weirrrrd!!!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good alright, PH..but I would REALLY like to see a blond you perhaps?? Maybe even super black?? Hmmmmm.....Take Care! Rest Up!
    Devy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, Devy! You don't want to see me as a blonde ... unless you're looking for a laugh! We did try a blonde wig and the whole room went quiet waiting, nobody wanting to be the first person to say, "Get that thing off"! And while the goth look might be appropriate right now, I think I'll pass on that. All in good time ...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!