Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ist Chemo Book

Here's what I'm reading. It' a mystery. I've never been a "mystery reader" per se, but I can't say why. This one has very rich writing about reading and all things bookish, which suits me to a tea.

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Quotes from the book so far:
"Silence is not a natural environment for stories ... they need words. Without them they grow pale, sicken and die. And then they haunt you."
"The hours between eight in the evening and one or two in the morning have always been my magic hours. Against the blue candle-wick bedspread the white pages of my book open, illuminated by a circle of lamplight, were the gateway to another world."

"Reading had never let me down before. It had always been the one sure thing."
... and I'm only on page 33.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification thing. Without the comment spammers are relentless!

Thanks for commenting!